Monday, March 30, 2009

#13 - Delicious

This site could have a lot of potential as a work tool, perhaps as a Ready Reference tool in Hotline. I threw together a handful of readers advisory tools just to get started, and will probably add more later.

I noticed that every time I entered the tag 'readers advisory', it split the phrase into two separate tags, which was kind of strange. I just changed them all to 'readersadvisory' instead. I thought maybe it would allow me to then just search a portion of the word (so that if I typed in readers, it would pull up entries that had the full readersadvisory tag), but that was not the case, so I guess I'll have to keep that in mind. Of course, I only have 4 items on there right now, so it's not like I'm going to lost in a sea of tags any time soon.

I did this first look at the site from one of the service desks, so I didn't add the browser button features. Can we do that on our workroom PCs without Admin permission?

1 comment:

  1. All I know is that if "someone" were "sneaky" enough, then someone could easily "install del.icio.us" on someone's "workroom pc."

    Yeah, the tag thing is annoying. You either have to join your phrase with an underscore (Readers_advisory) or just run it together (readersadvisory) which is pretty silly. That's why I have lots of dorky tags that need to be fixed. Still, I've found it to be really useful. I do not know how Google bookmarks or other similar tools compare.

    ReplyDelete