Tuesday, February 24, 2009

23 things blog

Of the 7 1/2 habits, my biggest stumbling block is beginning with the end in sight. More often than not, I'm a man without a plan, at least in the long term. Or if I decide I want to reach a particular end result, I don't spend enough time plotting out the incremental steps, which means I tend to get overwhelmed.

As for strong points, I like to think that I view problems as challenges, at least in that I try to make sure I learn something from them, which in most cases is a lesson in what not to do the next time. As far as the Toolbox goes, I also like to think I'm pretty good at improvising and being able to use what's on hand for accomplishing tasks if better tools are not readily available. A couple of years ago, there was a childrens program on the second floor. The program involved many helium filled balloons, and the next morning, dozens of balloons had collected on the ceiling in the lobby area, far out of anyone's reach. From the 3rd floor railing, Cleo and I were able to retrieve all of the balloons using a package of rubber bands, a yard stick and some duct tape. It was pretty fun. That might not be quite what they meant in the healthy habits video, but discovering ways to use tools beyond their original purpose can be a good way to learn too.

No comments:

Post a Comment